Dry Chemical System
Suppression System for Industrial Cooking Applications
made with optimum safety,
flexibility, ease, and
affordability in mind.
UL 1254 Listed
Top quality industrial
fire suppression systems for:
Processes involving flammable liquids
- dip tanks
- automotive paint spray booths
- coating operations
- quench tanks
Flammable liquid storage areas
- paint mixing areas
- spill containment dikes
- bulk storage
- modular storage facilities
- environmental storage facilities
- exhaust ducts
- machinery spaces
- mechanical rooms
Why Industry Guard?
- boiler rooms
- furnace rooms
- generator rooms
- switchgear rooms
- storage rooms
- Badgerís Industry Guard Dry Chemical
Fire Suppression System uses dry chemical compounds that, pound for pound,
suppress more fire than any other agent
- Industry Guardís flexible,
pre-engineered systems are easy and affordable to install and maintain in
virtually any industrial setting.
- Industry Guard is from Badger Fire
Protection: weíve been designing fire suppression systems for over 37
Coverage is Key...
- Industry Guard systems assure
- the best dry chemical coverage in
- quick fire detection and
- 24-hour, continual fire protection
- superior dry chemical coverage that
quickly suppress fires
- audible and/or visual notification
of system activation
Affordable to Install & Maintain
- Industry Guard systems are compact,
rugged and reliable - offering maximum protection with minimum maintenance.
- Industry Guardís pre-engineered
systems, backed by over 20 years of industrial design experience, are more
cost effective because:
- flexible, versatile system
components save on hardware costs
- installation is faster and easier
- You consistently save on hardware and
fire suppression agent costs because Badger has the right cylinder sizes and
the right dry chemical agent (ABC or BC) for your system
- Industry Guard system recharging is
fast and economical; great for keeping maintenance costs low.
- In applications where a dedicated water
supply is not available, Industry Guard is the easy, affordable alternative
to water and other costly clean agents.
The Right System For
|One of the following UL
1254 Listed systems will be right for your application:
flooding systems are recommended for
protection of totally or partially enclosed spaces or processes. When
activated, a total flooding system quickly fills the protected space
with either ABC dry chemical (multi?purpose) or BC dry chemical (for
flammable liquids and electrical hazards).
Paint Spray Booth Total flooding system
meets UL 1254 (September, 1998) provides ABC required coverage of all
needed areas utilizing either sidewall or overhead nozzles in the work
area and nozzles placed in the plenum and duct.
Application systems suppresses fires in
isolated, unenclosed hazards by applying the dry chemical directly
onto the hazard using either overhead or tankside nozzles.
Front Spray Booth is designed to suppress
fires in spray booths with unclosable openings. The UL-listed system
provides total flood/screening coverage, and can be set up with as few
as one cylinder.
Guard authorized distributor can design and install the correct fire suppression
system for your specific applications.
Protection...Around the Clock
types of automatic detection to choose from:
detection provides reliable performance and comes in
standard or rapid response modes.
detection provides enhanced sensitivity and is
especially suitable for rapidly spreading fires or larger hazards.
Systems protect most hazards effectively;
Systems can be designed and installed in modules to
protect exceptionally large hazards in a cost effective manner.
Listed & Approved
Badger's Industry Guard Dry Chemical Fire
Suppression System using iether ABC and BC dry chemical agents are:
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories,
- Designed to comply with NFPA 17 Dry
Chemical Extinguishing Systems and NFPA 33 "Spray Application Using
Flammable and Combustible Materials"
- Tested to the NEW more stringent real
world criteria of standard UL 1254, September 29, 1998
- Factory Mutual (FM) Research
Badger's Industry Guard Dry Chemical
Fire Suppression System is made in America in accordance with ISO 9001
certified quality standards.
Features of the System
- Two types of detection electrical and
mechanical (standard & rapid response) in six different temperatures
- All system functions can be actuated
manually (locally and/or remotely) and automatically
- Control heads mounted on valve assembly
- Standard Schedule 40 black or galvanage
steel pipe and fittings
- Nozzles available with protective
- Total flooding with ABC or BC Dry
Chemical (no loss of coverage between two)
- Local application covered with BC
agent, high and low overhead, and tankside nozzle
- Open FrontúPaint Spray Booths, ABC and
BC agent, specific application listed coverages that eliminate need to
screen with one pound/square foot
- Vehicle Paint Spray Booth (VPSB), ABC,
providesúcoverage for work area, plenums (pits, tunnels, underfloor, solid
back and drive thru) and ducts. Time delay available to meet new UL 1254
required 10 to 20 second time delay needed forúevacuation and fan run down.
Note: UL 1254 requires that ABC chemical is used in VPSB
- Multiple cylinder actuation (up to 100
cylinders) possible from one control head
Industry Guard Systems are designed, installed and serviced by a national
network of manufacturer-trained authorized distributors.